Despite the emergence of newer products, vinyl remains one of the most popular choices for siding in U.S. homes. According to the Vinyl Siding Institute, statistics from the U.S. Census Bureau reveals that homeowners have been choosing vinyl more than any other material since 1995. This material has grown strong since its introduction to the market in the 1960s, offering almost 350 color options and wind resistance up to 110mph.
In this post, Brax Roofing, are liable contractor for door replacement in Rockville, MD, shares the reasons vinyl siding is an excellent choice for home improvement.
1. Easy to Install — Vinyl siding is both cost-effective and easy to install. It weighs less than other siding materials and can be installed over existing materials. This gives you considerable savings on labor costs.
2. Low Maintenance — According to the Vinyl Siding Institute, this option requires minimal cleaning and maintenance. All you need to do is hose it down and wipe it with a clean cloth to maintain its appearance. Vinyl is also not susceptible to rotting or insect damage.
3. Durable — Vinyl can endure harsh weather conditions like high winds and can resist extreme heat while protecting your home from cold and moisture. Special coatings also allow your vinyl siding to withstand fading from the sun, resulting in a durable color that lasts decades.
4. Safe — According to the Vinyl Siding Institute, this option is one of the few materials that have exceeded the strict requirements for insulating electrical and data transmission cables set by the National Fire Protection Association.
5. Energy-Efficient — Most vinyl siding has added insulation for superior energy efficiency. This helps reduce thermal bridging in the home, maintaining its comfortable indoor environment without the high cooling and heating costs.
6. Versatile — You won’t lack for options when you choose vinyl siding. This offers a wide selection of colors and finishes that can blend perfectly with your home’s style. You can also place vinyl either horizontally or vertically in a range of patterns, including shingles, scallops, and fish scales.
If you’re ready to try this excellent option, turn to Brax Roofing, your trusted company for quality siding repair in Silver Spring, MD. Our high quality materials and expert installers will make sure that your siding replacement runs smoothly from start to finish.
Fill out our online form today for a free estimate.