BRAX Roofing - Your local Northern Virginia roofer
Taking care of your home’s exterior is an important part of home ownership. When you partner with BRAX Roofing, that task becomes both easy and affordable! With just one call you can address all of your home improvement needs. We’re the only roofing, replacement window and siding contractor a Northern Virginia homeowner will ever need.
Those of you living in the Northern Virginia area might not think about roofing on your homes very often, but you should make it top priority if you've lagged on inspections. With life being complicated, it's easy to become complacent to your roof holding up for years more.
In truth, if you haven't had your roof inspected in over a decade, you may have more issues developing than you think. Some of those problems can become subtle to a point where you'll start dealing with major leaks during the worst times.
Since Virginia has many older homes, your home may become particularly susceptible.
How Old is Your Home's Roof?
Take a look at all the historic districts throughout the area, and you'll see how many older roofs are out there. Perhaps your family bought an older home here that goes back more than a century. Did you inspect the roof before buying it?
Any roof older than 25 years old is going to need an inspection immediately. A lot of homes in this region of Virginia are frequently double this age at the earliest.
While the weather here is usually moderate, we also get some severe winter storms. Consider the most recent storm that came in from the east coast (deemed Windmaggeden) and what it probably did to your roof.
Signs Your Roof is Deteriorating
A severe wind storm like the one in early March is one that can leave either undeniable major damage, or damage you don't readily notice.
Only a roof inspection is going to determine what's really going on up there. Some signs to look out for include:
- Loose shingles, or ones that appear missing. After a major storm, you may find some of your shingles lying around on the ground.
- Water stains on your ceiling, no matter how small. The best place to check is under the roof decking in your attic.
- Granule erosion on your shingles.
- Cracks around gaskets or flashing. This is the material use around the edges of your chimney or vent stacks.
When you hire a quality roofing contractor in the Northern Virginia area, they'll scope out these signs immediately. If it turns out you'll need a new roof in your older home, it's time to think about what type of roof would work best for your home's style.
Boosting the Curb Appeal of Your Home
The Northern Virginia home market is particularly strong right now, so putting a new roof on your home only ups your home's value.
For curb appeal, it's also essential. Should you ever plan to sell your home in the future, having an attractive roof is going to play a major part in first impressions from buyers.
The question is, which roofing style would best suit not only your style, but one of the entire neighborhood?
You have to think about the aesthetic aspect in matching what other houses in the area use. A lot of great choices are available, from cedar shake, slat, flat, or metal roofing.
Using BRAX Roofing in Northern Virginia
At BRAX Roofing, we've become a leader in this region for roofing inspections, repair, and replacement. Our commitment to detail and superior customer service helps you understand what type of roof you're buying for your home's protection.
We'll educate you on the benefits of cedar shake, asphalt, or even flat roofing options. To look more modern, you may prefer the latter if it logically fits in with the neighborhood's theme.
To upgrade your older Virginian home, we can also add amenities like skylights. These are perfect for bringing in natural light or viewing the night sky during our wonderful Virginian summers.
Contact us to learn more about our roofing services in the Northern Virginia area, plus our certifications through Owens Corning, GAF, and CertainTeed.
- James Hardie Siding– The fasted growing siding choice in America, with over 4 million homes protected by rugged and durable fiber cement siding. James Hardie fiber cement siding includes a 30-year warranty and can be customized in an array of finishes and colors for your home.
- GAF Roofing– BRAX Roofing is a certified contractor for GAF, the country’s leading roofing manufacturer. That means we can install GAF’s fantastic WeatherStopper™ roofing system to protect your home and family from the elements. Plus we back every roof we build with GAF’s industry-leading warranty.
- Energy Efficient Replacement Windows– We give you a broad choice of window styles and finishes, including wood, vinyl, aluminum, fiberglass or composite. Each is engineered to delivery superior thermal performance to help reduce energy loss and lower your monthly heating and cooling bills.
- Velux Skylights– Open your home to brilliant, healthy natural sunlight with a stylish, easy-to-operate skylight from Velux, the world’s top skylight manufacturer. We have models available for virtually every room in your home, including the innovative solar tube to bring sunlight to hard-to-reach places.
- Seamless Gutters– No more sagging, leaking gutter troughs! We build gutter systems and downspouts to easily handle the heaviest expected downpours.
To schedule a free evaluation, consultation and estimate call BRAX Roofing today at 703-682-0880, or simply complete our convenient online quote request form.